There are many considerations when it comes to good kitchen design, including the
layout of the counter space, cabinet placement, and wall and floor use. Regardless of
how old your kitchen might be, these tips might help you turn it into the culinary oasis of
Start by focusing on the longevity of your kitchen’s design. Kitchen trends come and go,
but when you’re remodeling your kitchen, it’s important to pick the timeless renovations.
Here are some options to consider:
● Some stainless steel does not scale at high temperatures. It also maintains its strength no matter what the temperature.
● Glass-front cabinets are timeless and protect your dishes from grease and dust.
● Dark stained cabinets are easy to clean and easier to touch up. A dark wood stain shows off the wood’s natural character, and a good dark stain is cheaper than paint.
● Simple, white subway tiles are inexpensive and easy to use. They are very versatile and can be used in so many ways within your home. Safety Whether you are protecting your family now or preparing to age in place, creating safety in the home is a concern that most families renovating should keep in mind.
Our Trending Home Improvement Offers
Some safety measures to consider:
● Provide proper lighting. Clear, proper lighting will greatly decrease the chance of injury while preparing a meal. The lighting should be glare-free and even throughout the kitchen.
● Install slip-resistant flooring. Some good choices are a matte finish wood or laminate, textured vinyl. If you chose tile, throw a rug in areas that get wet to prevent slipping.
● Provide safe storage for a fire extinguisher. A fire extinguisher should be visibly located near a room exit, away from cooking equipment.
● Keep electrical switches, plugs, and lighting fixtures away from water sources and wet hands.